Sausage Rolls with a Kick!
If you like your sausage rolls with a little bit of a herby kick then these gluten-free treats are for you.
Serves: Makes 16 sausage rolls
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 block gluten-free puff pastry (8oz/225g)
- 8 gluten-free sausages
- 1tbsp finely parsley, finely chopped
- 1tsp sage, finely chopped
- 1 red chillies, very finely chopped
- Seasoning (plenty of pepper!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Roll the puff pastry out to a rectangle approximately 20x12inch or 45x30cm.
- Take the sausage meat out of the skins of the sausages.
- Mix in the herbs, chillies and seasoning. Make sure it is thoroughly combined.
- Spread sausage meat over pastry, leaving a little rim round the edge.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Fold the pastry over, seal and glaze.
- Cut into even pieces, whatever size you want (16 is a good number).
- Place onto a non-stick baking sheet, brush with the egg and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F/200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Leave to cool a little and serve.